Saturday, June 21, 2008

In which much time has passed

Well, when I said that I'd be posting every Monday, I may not have taken my increased work schedule into account. Since the beginning of the month, I've been on Mon-Thurs 12 hour day, regular 8 hour day on Friday work schedule. In addition, work has been, well, more work, and I've had a hard time keeping track of the passing days, let alone writing a blog post.

So last you heard, I was having problems with my new PS3. Well, I'm happy to report that after writing that post, the answer was given to me. Turns out what was happening was a ground loop, which is basically an electrical signal feeding back into the system by way of the grounding plug. The solution was to plug the PS3 (with a 3-prong plug) into a 2-prong adapter, and plug that in without properly grounding it. Bing, problem solved.

So I've picked up a few games on the cheap, and borrowed some more from work. I've liked what I've played, but it hasn't been anything that I think couldn't have been done on the 360. Bluray movies, however, look excellent, though no better than HD-DVDs do. At least the system boots up quickly and is very quiet.

This week's Rock Band releases include the entire album Doolittle by the Pixies, as well as three tracks off the new Weezer album. I have to admit I'm not familiar at all with Doolittle, so I'll probably be giving them a listen before I buy them. I'll pick up one or more of the Weezer tracks. Definitely getting The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, which is an awesome song.

No comments: